The Law Office of Shourin Sen is dedicated to providing sterling representation for print and digital publishers, and authors. Our law firm was founded on reverence for the written word and respect for the dedication it takes to successfully bring a manuscript to press. Our publishing attorneys consult for startups and well-established publishers, designing strategies that are custom tailored to an individual firm’s needs and budget.
The Law Office advises on issues directly affecting members of the publishing community including:
- fiction, non-fiction, textbook, graphic novel, and digital publication agreements;
- acquisitions and divestitures of titles;
- domestic and international distribution agreements;
- litigation involving copyright, trademark, right of publicity and privacy matters, and business transactions, sometimes on a contingency basis;
- design and production agreements;
- review of manuscripts for copyright and trademark infringement, defamation, and rights of publicity and privacy concerns;
- permissions and releases;
- product tie-in agreements;
- copyright grant terminations; and
- general day-to-day corporate governance and transactional issues, including corporate structuring, confidentiality agreements, trademark filings, and business contract reviews.